Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Goodbye flip flops. Hello Fall!

I used to never like this time of year until we moved to Albuquerque. It meant colder weather. While I am still not a fan, I love everything there is to do! New Mexico State Fair is in town. The girls love to ride the horses, visit the petting zoo, play all the carnival games and eat cotton candy and turkey legs. This year they will be old enough to ride some of the rides. I can't wait!
Then there is the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta! We have watched it on television for years but this year we will brave the 4 a.m. traffic to go and see it in person. There are hot air balloons out when we take daddy to work and the girls squeal with excitement. The mass ascension is what we want to see. Over 100 hot air balloons lifting off all at once. Amazing!

Then there is McCall's Pumpkin patch. Cow trains, slides, corn boxes (like a sand box but with corn), bike races, again more animals, the giant air pillow, hay rides, picking pumpkins and the core mazes.

Then Halloween, which my kids have already decided what they are going to be and I even have Makayla's costume. Yay for not procrastinating!!

No comments: