Thursday, January 8, 2009

Farewell Big Mama!!

So it's around Thanksgiving now and I had been watching this little boy for a member in the ward for a few weeks because they needed some help part time. He may have been a cute kid but was very much a little terror when his parents were not around. He had hit Leah over the head with a tree branch in our back yard, pushed Makayla down our stairs and and had given him a bloody nose. He has never had to share before and has no idea of how to interact with others. So one day all of us were playing in the back yard when I had to come inside for no more than two minutes to get my phone from upstairs. When I came back downstairs I see my girls playing ponies on the floor in the livingroom. I ask "Where's Alex?" Leah replies he's outside. What I didn't mention is that he is animal crazy and we have three cats two of which are outdoor/indoor and the other is indoor only. So I run out back to make sure he is okay and he is not there. I don't have a very large yard so it's hard to loose someone back there. I FREAKED (normal reaction). I start running around the house screaming his name and checking all of his hiding places inside and out. My girls are running around after me screaming Alex! Alex! I come downstairs to call his mother when I hear a very soft knocking at my front door. It was Alex. He had climbed over my fence chasing one of my cats. So after that his outside privileges were taken away at my house. So a week has passed and he comes over again. He knows he is not allowed outside and it's his favorite place in my house! To make his life worse my kitties will not come inside and Big Mama (our third cat) is hiding from him under our bed. Well somehow he tried to get a hold of her and she went running. Well sometime I had my back turned on this kid and he's trying to open my back door. He can't open it wide enough for him but enough for Big Mama to get out and she did. She ran and has never came back. We looked everywhere for her but to this day she is still gone. We will miss you Big Mama!!

No comments: